FLTX-Com Kings II (Working Title)
Prototyping some ideas for a tactical combat RPG with permadeath that spans ~1000 years.
- Strategic decisions at the World level
- Tactical decsions in various encounters
- Relationships and events between characters (like Crusader Kings II)
- Birth and death
- Events at the tactical level affect the strategic level and vice versa (a key character gets injured or dies)
Things to Avoid
- Excess complexity
- Micromanagement of inventory or resources
- Every turn is a year.
- There is a culmination event that happens in the 800+ year range.
- A game should consist of ~100 battles, more at the beginning, less but more significant towards the end.
- Expand and explore from the starting location.
- Nomadic start until wood and stone resources are secured
- Advance culture and technology of settlement
- Random events
- Choose engagements / Actions
- Resolve tactical situations
- Character Events
- No Feature
- Available Resource
- Guarded Resource (Resource that is available after winning an encounter)
- Neighboring Tribe
- Found Artifact
- Guarded Artifact
- A child matures
- Gain attribute
- Old age
- Lose attribute
- Wanderer approaches
- Thief / Spy
(Wood, Stone) -> Settlement (Wood, Settlement, Unhoused Character) -> Build House (Wood, Settlement) -> Archery Range